Implants are state-of-the-art in tooth replacement. But most patients have plenty of questions before commiting to them, and we’ll try to answer the most common ones in this blog post.
- First: the term “dental implant” refers to the titanium post that is inserted into your jaw, which fuses with the bone. In the case of a single implant, a part called an abutment is fitted to the top of the post. A replacement tooth is fitted to the top of the abutment.
- Multiple implants can support a dental bridge, or full arch.
- Benefits? Patients often wonder how their dental health will benefit from an implant. The implant replaces the missing tooth root. Without it, you’re at risk of bone recession. This can lead to a sagging appearance in the face, and any remaining teeth can turn and shift in the jaw.
- How Long Do They Last? Properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Success Rate? Historically, dental implants have a success rate as high as ninety percent. Newer generations of implants are even better. Rejection by the body are rare.
Dental implants from The Sugar House Dentist in Salt Lake City can improve your life in ways you might not imagine. We have patients in Millcreek, Holladay, and throughout the area. To find out more, and see whether implants are right for you, call our office to schedule an appointment.